Ongoing Recruitment For Payroll Accountant Jobs in New York City, US
New York City is the most populous city in the United States of America comprises of 5 boroughs sitting where the Hudson River meets the Atlantic Ocean. At its core is Manhattan, a densely populated borough that’s among the world’s major commercial, financial and cultural centers. Its iconic sites include skyscrapers such as the Empire State Building and sprawling Central Park. Broadway theater is staged in neon-lit Times Square.
More About The Jobs :
Payroll accountants act as liaisons that perform financial and reporting activities between a business organization, their employees and the government. The most common task that is performed by payroll accountants is the calculation of employee paychecks.
Your Tasks :
- Partner with Human Resources to gather supporting documentation for employee changes impacting payroll
- Keep payroll database up-to-date with employee information, user profiles, and other information
- Reconcile payroll items to general ledger accounts
- Help maintain documentation of payroll procedures, processes and timelines
- Assist with annual audit and tax return preparation
- 3 years of related work experience in payroll processing
- 1 year of basic accounting experience
- Experience with either Namely or Microsoft Dynamics GP / Great Plains (experience with both a plus)